Try these suggestions for getting rid of the microscopic insects from your home, courtesy of the American Lung Association:
- Ensure that the humidity level of your home is below 50 percent. During the summer months, use an air conditioner or a dehumidifier.
- Wash all linens every week in hot water, in a temperature of at least 130 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Use protective airtight coverings over mattresses, and apply tape over the zippers.
- Avoid carpeting. Use washable rugs instead.
- Damp mop and dust your home often.
- Use washable curtains and window coverings, and clean them regularly.