Anyone can develop high blood pressure , also called hypertension. The good news is that high blood pressure can be controlled and, better yet, reduced! Try these tips to manage hypertension and keep your heart healthy:
· Instead of choosing foods that are high in sodium, eat more fruits and vegetables in meals and as snacks.
· Add more vegetables to stews and casseroles.
· Serve fruit as a dessert more often.
· Be active every day.
· Walk a little farther each day or walk to the bus stop.
· Dance, skip, jump, or run. Take every opportunity to move your body.
· Use the stairs instead of the elevator.
· Cut back on alcoholic beverages.
Source: The National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute (NHLBI). The NHLBI does not recommend or endorse any company advertised on this site.